Not yet available
- The king’s flags sally forth;
the mystery of the cross shines brilliantly:
in which the maker of flesh, in flesh
hangs from a yoke.
- Who, so that he might wash away our crimes,
was wounded above
by the lance’s fearful, sharp edge
and poured forth water and blood.
- O shining and lovely cross,
decorated with a king’s purple [blood],
O worthy trunk chosen
to touch such holy limbs!
- Blessed are you on whose branches
the world’s ransom hung;
the body’s balance was made
and hell’s plunder was brought.
- Greetings, altar; greetings, victim
of the passion’s glory
by which life endures death
and by death restores life!
- Greetings, O cross, our only hope!
in this time of the passion
increase grace for the faithful
and remove the crimes of our deeds.
- Let every spirit praise you,
O Trinity, fountain of salvation;
strengthen through the ages
those you save through the mystery of the cross.